Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Days

I was sitting at work tonight, with 2 hours to go till close and no tables... And I watched the snow start to fall. I wouldn't say that we've had a 'real' snow yet this year. We've had some flurries here and there, and there was this one snow storm that left more ice then snow... and not really enough to cover the ground with. Anyway, it was pretty to watch. It was coming down sideways at times and I SO wished that I had my camera. I really want to take some snowy pictures.

So anyway, I got home and the snow wasn't as great here as it was at work. How is that? I live 12 minutes from work... Blah! It's still coming down though, so there is hope. I think they're calling for 6 inches? Should be fun! I want to get up 'ubber' early and try to take some shots before it's destroyed by tracks, trucks and shovels. I'd go out now if this neighborhood wasn't so dark!

On a side note: I remember when I was younger... One of the BEST memories I had with my dad... was when he would wake me up at 1 or 2 AM only to find snow COVERING the yard outside. We would get dressed and get our snow gear on... Then we would drive to Trail Side Park in Springfield and be one of the FIRST people out there to sled down the snowy hills! Every now and then we would see others up there since I guess other moms and dads had the same idea. But it was just awesome to have our dad wake us up in the middle of the night and take us sledding! My kids are still a little young for that... Maybe not Caleb, but Alec is. But I would LOVE to do this with them! Except... I have no idea where the good sledding hills are in Ashburn. Are there any? Hmm.... Time to start looking! :)

No comments: