Monday, July 21, 2008

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

I stayed up tonight to finish the book that was chosen for our July book club. To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure how I would rate this book. I do not knit, and I am not interested in learning yet I'm not sure that it would have made a difference to my opinion of the book had I known how to knit. I had a very hard time getting into the book, (6 chapters to be exact)but because I had heard good things, I PUSHED myself to read more. I get to a part that makes me want to read more and instead of getting on that roll that I had long awaited for, I found myself in another spot in the book where I had to PUSH myself to read more. I didn't fully understand some of the characters in the story and I found myself wanting to know more about them. Overall, I liked the book, but I would not have come to that conclusion had I not finished reading the story and I would just recommend to anyone who is interested in reading it that you hang in there and finish the story.... Once I finished the book, I was glad that I decided to read it all the way through. Unfortunately, this is not a book that I would read again but please do not let my poor review deter you from wanting to read the book. Several people enjoyed it much more then I did.

No comments: