My grandmother that is. I love my grandma (Gma) to pieces and my kids adore her too! We always have such a great time when we go over there! Since I was just a little kid, we would go to Gma's to go swimming, and that was pretty much what today was all about. We packed up and headed over. There was a storm rolling into Ashburn as I was leaving and we somehow made it to Annandale before the rain did. As soon as Caleb saw Gma he shouts, "Grandma!!! I missed you so much!" (such a sweetheart!) We got to the pool and Caleb got a good 30 minutes of swim time in and Gma got to break in the new swim suit that's been on the top of our discussions for the past couple of weeks. After the swim we headed to the store and then walked out into the Tsunami of rain outside. Alright, it wasn't that bad, but I had a hard time getting Alec's seat belt bucket to adjust so I was pretty wet by the time I got myself situated. We headed back to Gma's condo and we made dinner and Caleb got to help make the dessert! ( chocolate chip brownies! ) --By the way, I'm pretty sure after this weekend, I'm done with chocolate for a while... actually I can't promise that, but it's how I feel at the moment. --Watch, I'll have chocolate chip pancakes in the morning... --actually that's not a bad idea! :)
Anyways, back to our visit with Gma... Dinner was awesome and dessert was delicious and then the kids sat down and attempted to share the domino's and blocks while I showed Gma some things on the computer. I set up some websites in her "favorites" folder and I even showed her how to get to my blog. "Hello Grandma!" The night was getting late and the kids were far from ready for bed so we cleaned up and headed home.
Caleb of course didn't want to leave... He wanted to have a sleepover with grandma and we told him that we would plan it for another time. He was concerned about where he would sleep, and when we told him about the couch that turned into a bed, his eyes got wide and his lips turned into a smile and he got super excited to plan his next trip to see "Gamma Elaine!" I'm excited for him too! I remember my sleepovers at grandmas where we would go tot he pool for a swim -- make dinner together and then eat ice cream or root beer floats -- changed into our pajamas and then folded out the sleeper sofa and stayed up late to play Pick Up Sticks, or Chinese Checkers! He's going to have a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment