Friday, July 25, 2008

Adventures with Grandma: Toaster Oven

Things are always fun when I'm with my grandma. I spent the day with her today since Rachele is in town... we drove around all day to run errands. Rachele was planning on cooking us dinner but since my grandmother's oven doesn't work, she's been using this little tiny toaster oven. (nothing to cook dinner for 5 in...) So, since it was about time to replace it anyways, it was the perfect chance for grandma to replace it! The only problem was that NO store in Annandale had one! Kmart was sold out of most of them (the better ones) and Home Depot only carries them as a "seasonal" item. What? Tis the back to school season now!

Anyway, we drove out to Baileys Crossroads to the best buy and got a nice one. The girl who was checking us out was training 2 girls at once and it just took forever to get out of there. First Grandma couldn't find her license (make sure you call that store gma...) and then they had to call the bank to get clearance for my check, which seemed to be a lot of repeating the same info over and over again... FINALLY we got home and Rachele cooked us a wonderful meal and now... I'm so stuffed and tired... that I am ready for bed early!

No comments: