When Caleb was 2 and a half years old, we took him to get his very first hair cut! I never cut it before that because it just never grew. Even at 2 and a half, he didn't NEED a haircut... I had just decided that it was time and we took him to a Cartoon Cuts, which at the time was a very neat place to take your kids to get a cut. Since then, Caleb gets very regular haircuts and we try to keep it short and simple.
Now Alec had a head full of hair when he was born and it's had no problems gorwing! People have been telling me for a few months now that it's time for Alec to get a haircut. It was long on the top and in the back and his hair fell over his ears and was even getting into his eyes. It was floppy and there wasn't much we could do with it. We tried parting it to the side, but it was so long that we were always brushing it over. A few days ago, I found a coupon in the Valpak for childrens haircuts and it had a picture of a little boy who was getting his hair cut while sitting in a red fire engine. I saved that coupon and tonight... we went to have it done!
We walked in and they had 4 seats for kids to choose from. The Fire Engine, a police car, and airplane and a taxi cab. They also had a Thomas the Train table, which is the first thing the kids went to when we went in! We decided to have Caleb go first, and he picked out the police car. I actually just cut his hair before the summer started, but he needed a touch up. The lady put gel in his hair and spiked the front up. He picked his (2) lollipops and then we plopped Alec up there. He was super excited at first to be able to sit and 'drive' that car! He was fine half way through the cut... and then she sprayed his head to get his hair wet and that's when he lost it. Poor guy... I almost cried too. The lady was taking a little longer than I thought it would take... but he made it through witht he help of the 3 of us (Marcus, myself and the owner of the shop) playing peek-a-boo and singing his Baluga song and just talking to him. It's a pretty cute cut. Marcus says he looks older... I suppose he does. Just 4 more weeks till my baby turns 1!
Excited about 'driving' the car:
No comments:
Post a Comment