Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Crazy

The moment I saw pumpkins at the grocery store is the moment I went pumpkin crazy. I bought 3 of them, one for each of us. They sat on my front step for a couple of weeks and then instead ofcarving mine, I cut it in half, scraped out all the guts and then baked the pumpkin halves in order to get myself some pumpkin to cook with. I made the usual, pumpkin break, pumpkin dip, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cookies... But this year I tried a few new things.

I made pumpkin butter a few times... I couldnt find a very good recipe for making this, so I made it a few times. It's a good thing I had lots of pumpkin to get rid of and another good thign that I have lots of friends and family who are willing to take some home with them! The 3rd batch was indeed the best, but it's still not "THE" best. I added the recipes to my cook book and made notes. I will attempt this again next year.

I made pumpkin Chili! This chili was some of the best chili that I've ever tasted! I know it sounds weird, but ask anyone who came over that day and they will tell you that it was delicious! I won the chili cookoff with this chili and I will definitly make it again! Perhaps I will make it again tonight? I used ground beef and black beans for this chili, however soemone suggested that I might try ground turkey and white beans which actually doesn't sound like a bad idea! I will post and share this recipe soon...

And then I made pumpkin cheesecake! I actually made 4 of them! The first two that I made were gone pretty quickly. The mention of pumpkin cheesecake the first time had people running over for a taste. I made another 2 last night and I'm pretty sure that they will be gone by tomorrow. PS: I've only had 1 piece for myself!

1 comment:

Heidi Totten said...

Heya - I think the pioneer woman has a good pumpkin butter recipe on her site.

www.thepioneerwoman.com