I was showing someone my photo blog the other day and they asked me why I dont have more pictures of my kids up. It's not that I don't take pictures of my kids, in fact as soon as they "think" they see a camera, they smile or say cheese. I find that taking pictures of my kids is a little more challenging than you may think. Partly because I'm pretty critical of my own work. I should take more pictures of them though. And I will... Soon. For now though, here are a two of my favorites that I have taken recently and the story of why:
The moment we arrived Alec cried and cried for almost an hour. He was terrified of stepping on the sand. We were there for quite a while and when he saw the other kids having fun, he slowly got out of his stroller and cautiously walked over to the spot where I had been taking everyones picture. I snapped a few before he realized that he was standing on the BEACH! He actually sat and played for a little bit though before we left. He loved the sand... wouldn't go near the water so much.
"Smell the Flowers"
One day the boys and I took a walk around our neighborhood. The weather was beautiful and the flowers were blooming. We came up on a patch of these flowers and Caleb wanted to smell. Alec, wanting to do everything that Caleb does these days, followed him. This is Caleb "teaching" Alec how to smell a flower. He kept saying, "like this Alec!" I snapped this the moment before Caleb stood up and said, "Ok, that's enough sniffing, lets run!"
1 comment:
I thought Alec was trying to kiss the flower :-D
Post a Comment