Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkinville

Caleb's class took the pumpkinville field trip today and Alec and I went along. I didn't have my camera with me, so all I had was my camera phone... We got there and then we all went into the petting farm. We've been to all sorts of petting farms and zoos, but Alec never really paid any attention to the animals. He's usually in his stroller... Today however was stroller free and when all of the kids got a cup of animal food to feed these guys with, Alec of course wanted one too. His favorite thing was to just drop food down to the baby pigs and goats. He didn't care for the other animals since they were way too big. Caleb didn't mind as much, but he was a little scared too. I tried to put Alec down long enough to get some pictures with my phone, but those animals ran to him when they saw his full cup so near to the ground.



After the animals, we took a hay ride, which in my opinion was too long for the little guys. Alec did fine, because he hated the feel of the hay, so he stayed in my lap. But I saw some other moms struggle keeping their little guys and girls seated. Caleb and his friends loved pointed at all of the animated characters that we passed.


Next, we walked up the hill to have snack. An apple with some apple cider with our friends from class. From there we were able to explore the rest of the park by ourselves. We met with ours friends, Brooke, Maddy and Ty. (same school trip, different class...)

Alec and Ty spent the rest of our trip there going up and down the big slide. I was surprised actually that Alec was doing this on his own. Below is a video of the two little guys going down the slide. (on the left side...) The woman in the pink is a little distracting, so you may have to watch it twice.


(I still havn't figured out the sound on this thing....) Alec can say Tyler better then he can say Caleb. He's his best friend! Overall he had a great afternoon with our friends. Plus, we were able to pick out 2 small pumpkins at the end. I handed Alec his pumpkin and he went to take a bite out of it... LOL! I'm so glad that Alec is more aware of what's going on this year. This is going to be a fun year for both of them! :)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Love the shirts!!!!

B said...

I just love the video! So cute. I need to send you my pictures from that day. I have a good one of Alec & Ty going down the slide together.