Saturday, September 6, 2008

Storm Hanna

The storm passed through today and while it really didn't seem tooo bad, we got some flooding. Not in our house, but in the surrounding areas. We have a small creek that runs behind the house that the boys and I walk by pretty often! We cross the creek (over 2 bridges) to get to Ashburn Park and Caleb plays in the water all the time... Well Marcus told me how flooded it was and I had to go see for myself! :)

Before the Storm:
Looking down at Caleb from the bridge...
You can see how small this creek is...

Caleb on the bridge

After the Storm:

The bridge that I took the picture from of Caleb... If you look back you can see a second bridge... it's flooded past that bridge too. Between the two was the path with a large grassy area and some trees. The pic below is how much it's flooded before and around the bridge.



This is a picture of a different bridge. It seems a little more flooded here, but it's only the one bridge. It's upstream from the double bridges in the above pictures. I walked into the water (about a foot deep) to get a better shot of this one. The grass in the picture below is usually tall grass that normally stands about as Tall as Caleb is. It's not standing so tall today...

Ok, so it wasn't so bad. But as Marcus put it, this was probably one of the worst storms Caleb has seen... so we had to go look at the bridge!

2 comments:

Party of 5 said...

Wow!!! You guys got some serious rain! We're on top of a hill so I never worry about how much rain we're getting, but I guess it was a lot!

Mommy said...

I love your before & after pics. You really do a wonderful job!