Thursday, June 26, 2008

Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

I just finished this book and if I had to rate it on a scale from 1-10 I would give it a 6. It wasn't really bad, I just wouldn't say to one of my friends, "You have GOT to read this book!" What is written on the back cover of the book is exactly what you get ~ Nothing more happens really. Our main charater, Ellen has the perfect husband, yet considers what could have been when she runs into Leo, her first true love. Ellen wonders if her perfect life is truly what she wants after finding out that Leo is still in love with her. When Ellen's husband moves them from New York City to suburban Atlanta, Ellen's feelings of inadequacy and resentment grow, and her marriage begins to crumble. It wasn't a book that I couldn't put down, and it was predictable. Like I said, it wasn't a bad story at all, just not a story that I would choose to read on my own.

1 comment:

Sapphire Mommy said...

sounds like a very predictable story to be honst and if it was written that way I could see why it wouldn't be a page turner. now if it had constant loops and turns and twists and stuff.....maybe