a couple of weeks ago I was driving home from my dads house on I-95 and a rock flew up and cracked my windshield. It was a small crack to begin with, but everytime it rained (or Marcus washed my car) it cracked even more. The insurance will only cover cost after the $500 deductable but they refered us to Safe Lights Autoglass and gave us a quote of $413. When I talked to Safe Lights though, the cost was $485, but since I was quoted the lower price, they gave me that price.
Marcus asked me to call around, so I spent over an hour calling and getting quotes. Most places did not do auto glass even though that's where they were listed! One place gav me a quote of $366 but the lady who was quoting, did not speak English too well and when I asked her if it mattered that my windshield had a rain sensor on it (since every other place asked me about that...) she said that they didn't have that option and she had no idea what I was talking about.
So I called a place called Diamond Glass (877.419.3516) and they gave me a quote of $386 with nationwide lifetime warrenty and she said that they would match or beat a lower quote. I wrote that down and called the next listing, which was a local number but had the same recorded intro as Diamond Glass. I almost hung up, but decided to get another quote. I got a new quote of $348.31 and booked an appointment for them to drive out here and fix my windshield! :)
1 comment:
Hi, I found you through Heidi's blog. I'm another of Heidi's Virginia friends. This comment is probably too late to save you any money, but might prove useful for next time: When you get hit by a rock and get a crack in your windshield, call your insurance company IMMEDIATELY and ask them for a local glass repair place. Don't wait until the crack grows! They can only fix cracks that are smaller than the size of a dollar bill. They will send somebody out to your house with a little kit that stops the crack from growing. Basically, they drill a tiny hole, squirt in some sort of superglue, and shine a light on it to harden it. I've had to have this done three times on the same car and none of the cracks has grown in five years. No new windshield. Best thing? The glass repair is usually FREE.
Post a Comment