Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day to ME!

Well, it's Sunday night... the end of my mothers day weekend. Crystal arrived Friday night and the kids played and stayed up way past bedtime while Crystal and I chatted and then fell asleep while watching the movie, P.S. I Love You. It was supposed to rain all day Saturday and Sunday, so we decided Saturday afternoon (once we realized that we had missed lunch) to take off to CEC for pizza and games. We split up some of the tokens for the kids and off they went! They came back for pizza and more tokens and then off again! Crystal and I decided at one point that it was time for us to take the rest of the tokens and win some tickets for these kids. So we set off tot he ticket giving games and we raised a total of about 375 tickets. Enough for the kids to pick out a couple of cheap toys that would get lost of fall apart in a few days time... It was fun putting token after token into the slot to see if I could knock down other tokens though. ;)

We got back home and put on Curious George for the kids so that they could nap and Crystal and I watched Shop Girl which seemed like the longest drawn out movie ever! It wasn't bad... not great either. Just long... Anyways, after that we started to put together our Kabobs. We made the kids some home made mac n cheese which they sort of liked I guess... (Kraft is always better I suppose.) After they ate we cleared the table and prepared for US to eat! I must say, we've gotten better at grilling these 'bobs over the years! :)

This morning we got up and slugged around until the afternoon and then we went to Friday's for lunch. Crystal and I got a flower and a free dessert! Yum! From there we drove back and said our goodbyes. As they made their long trip back to Newport, we set out to visit my mom and Marcus's mom. We got them each an Orchid and card for Mothers Day. On the way home we grabbed Mc D's and now I'm so full and tired that I just don't want to move from my bed. I've eaten out more this weekend then I do in most months I think! Blah!

We did get a chance today to get "the picture" before going to lunch. Like I said, it's no beach... but it'll do!


1 comment:

Sapphire Mommy said...

I LOVE the last picture even though it isn't at the beach. Jayden is kinda pulling away from him but smiling at the same time while Caleb tries to lay on a smooch!!