My boys are growing up so fast! It’s hard to think that Caleb was once as small as Alec is. I looked through his baby book last night and when he was 4 months old, he weighed 18 lbs!!! I think Alec is sitting at 16 now and he’s at 12 weeks, so he’s not too far off from his big brother!
We got Alec a Jumperoo for Christmas and I thought that he was probably still a little too small for it. He can hold his head up alright, but he’s still a little wobbly. Then I looked back though my pictures to see when Caleb first started using the Jumperoo and, it was right around Alec’s age that he first tried it out. I guess I’m still trying to hold onto my baby. He’s full of smiles these days and in no time at all, we’ll be trying out solids! Just a couple more months before that happens. He’s already teething!!! He has at least 2 teeth breaking through on the top gum. I got Marcus to pick up some Hylands tablets. I know that when Caleb started teething, they worked great!!! So far they seem to comfort Alec as well!
Caleb can say some pretty cute and funny things sometimes... It's fun to watch him learn and grow into the little person he is today. Caleb was a breastfed baby and now, Alec is. From the time we brought Alec home, we've explained to Caleb that Alec gets milk from mommy and I think he understands for the most part. We've had a couple of conversations about it and he's asked questions about it too... For instance last night, I was helping Caleb and he was taking his sweet time like always, and I said, "Come on Caleb, I need to feed Alec." So he says, "yeah, mommy, I used to be a baby like Alec and you used to feed me from your belly too!" A few weeks ago, I was feeding Alec and Caleb comes up and stands in front of me. He points to one of my boobs and asked, "There's milk in there?" So I answered, "Yes, that's mommy's milk." He smiles and says, "yeah," then points to my other boob, "and that's juice!" He cracks me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment