Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's better than Football

Caleb had his first Tball practise today and he had a great time! Our team name is Storm! (Hit like Thunder and Run like Lightening... ) Our coach is new to "coaching" but he was very patient with the kids and he ran a good practise! I'm already much more pleased with this league then I am with the football league that we had Caleb in last spring. Caleb likes it much better too, but that's just because he was born to be good at baseball! I remember before he was 1, he was in the ball pit with some other kids... he threw one of the balls to another kid and hit him right on the forehead. One of the dads laughed and said, "I bet he can't do that again!" I looked up at him and said, "actually, he can!" Sure enough... he picked up another ball and hit that little boys forehead again. I wasn't glad that he was throwing the ball at this kid... just happy to see that he didn't prove me wrong! :)

Anyways... Caleb is the smallest kid on the team. Most of the kids are probably already 5. I'm not worried about him being small though. I already think he's one of the fastest... and I know he can hit the ball better then some. We pitch it to him at home, so having it on that Tee is taking a step down for him. We're excited though! Can't wait to see how well he does with this!

4 comments:

Party of 5 said...

I can't believe you've already had a game and we still don't know what team we're on!! How is that possible!?

Robyn said...

We've only had a practise... not a game... But he was super bummed to show up and find out that Ryan wasn't on his team. :(

Party of 5 said...

We'll have to practice together after school sometimes.

Robyn said...

YES! That would be awesome! :)